Principles of Flight
How Exactly Does An Airplane Fly?
- Travelling from one part of the world to the other in a matter of hours or even minutes is fun, but sometimes this is a privilege that we don`t think about deeply. How does an airplane fly?
- Well, the most popular attempts at explaining how an airplane flies are very technical, often times very complicated to the beginner in aviation.
- You will never be confused again. And that is a guarantee!
- This course realises that need to understand the miracle of flight and explains the key principles of flight in the most basic of terms.
- What you were previously taught about how an airplane flies is correct, but let us now break it down into smaller and more consumable chunks of information for even easier understanding.
- In this course, we are going to show you that flying is not overly complicated as is portrayed by many who teach Bernoulli`s principle.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 22
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
It is rightfully recognized as one of the greatest inventions of all time. What really is an airplane?
This section will help us understand the basic theories of flight, and help us relate the Bernoulli Principle to lift and apply the first and third laws of Sir Isaac Newton to flight.
THE FOUR FORCES OF FLIGHT
In this section, we will examine the four opposing forces of flight: Thrust, Lift, Drag and Weight.
In this section, we will examine the control surfaces of an aircraft and see how they direct airflow in very specific ways
UNDERSTANDING THE AXIS OF FLIGHT
This section focuses on the three axes upon which an aircaft can move: Left and Right, Forwards and Backwards, Up and Down
Examination - Principles of Flight