Fundamentals of The Airline Industry
Welcome To Fundamentals of The Airline Industry
- From small feeder airlines to intercontinental giants of the air, the airline industry has altered the way in which we all live and conduct business.
- It has helped us shorten travel time and shift our concept of distance, making it possible for us to visit and conduct business in places once considered remote.
- This very important industry has also increased world trade activity by enabling faster and easier movement of passengers and goods, and in the process providing jobs to millions of people.
- This course will help you understand the basics of the airline industry – how it started, where it is going, business basics, business challenges etc.
- It will also help you to appreciate how much the airline industry offers a bird’s eye view of our planet, and how much it creates vehicles and instruments for the exploration of the universe and the progression of science
At the end of the course will be a 30-minute exam which you will need to pass with a score of 90% or better in order to obtain a certificate
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 35
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Introduction and Overview
This section will give us a general overview of where the industry came from and where it is going.
Types of Airlines
Section 2 provides us with the definitions of the different ideal-type business models and their specifities, also including the very little known hybrid model.
Let`s play a quick game to review what we have learnt so far on the types of airlines.
Challenges In The Airline Industry
Even in all its glory, the airline industry has several challenges involved. This section will help us to zoom in o two of the most common challenges
This quick 30 minute exam is meant to confirm your understanding of all the subject matters presented.