Good morning beautiful people.
Today I want to share with you about a living Billionaire who has invested in more than 200 companies and employs over 30 000 people worldwide.He is so rich that he even owns an island in the Caribbean.
Check out his island paradise.splendid isn`t it?
But do you know how he started?
• He failed his Ordinary level mathematics three times.
At school he was so radical that he wrote the headmaster a memo which said “allow sixth formers to drink two pints of beer a day.”
• This did not go down well with the headmaster and this young man was forced to drop out of school.
• At the tender age of 16 years he started his first business and guess what it was?Selling small birds.The business failed.
• With Nick Powell his childhood friend, he started another business of selling Christmas trees.It failed again.
• He then proceeded to launch his first proper business – a magazine called Student when he was still 16 years.This was not a resounding success either.
• Then, something happened. With little or no knowledge of pop music, this man stumbled onto the idea of a record company. Short of advertisements, he published his own advert in the magazine.This record company was soon named ‘Virgin’ because he was a ‘Virgin’ in the music world-he practically knew nothing about record labels.From his Virgin record shops this man moved into record production, launching a highly successful record label.
• He became a millionaire at the age of 24.
• In the 1980s he expanded his business and set up Virgin Atlantic Airways causing havoc in the big airlines, going head to head with British Airways
I am talking of none other than Sir Richard Nicholas Branson.Today, his Virgin empire spans air travel, hotels, holidays, clothing, computer consumables, record stores, soft drinks, radio … the list goes on and on.
Now in his 50s, Branson is a regular entry in Forbes magazine’s list of the richest men in the world.His personal wealth has been estimated at over $3 billion, but it’s hard to get an accurate tally, since his companies are private.
Zechariah 4:10 says “Do not despise the day of small beginnings”
I believe in a God whose strength is made perfect in weakness; who raised Joseph from humble beginnings in the prison,who raised David from humble beginnings in the sheepfold,who raised Daniel from his humble beginnings in slavery, and converted the world by the fishermen and the tent-maker, having Himself first started in humble beginnings as a Carpenter.
If God did it for Sir Richard Branson who started as a bird seller, He can also do even greater for you.I urge you not to despise your small beginnings.